Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Mang Zhang <zh...@163.com> on 2023/06/07 06:30:56 UTC

Re:Re: Re: [DISCUSS] FLIP-305: Support atomic for CREATE TABLE AS SELECT(CTAS) statement

Hi Jingsong,

>I have some doubts about the `TwoPhaseCatalogTable`. Generally, our
>Flink design places execution in the TableFactory or directly in the
>Catalog, so introducing an executable table makes me feel a bit

>strange. (Spark is this style, but Flink may not be)
On this issue, we introduce the executable logic commit/abort a bit of strange on CatalogTable.
After an offline discussion with yuxia, I tweaked the FLIP-305[1] scenario.
The new solution is similar to the implementation of SupportsOverwrite,
which introduces the SupportsStaging interface and infers whether DynamicTableSink supports atomic ctas based on whether it implements the SupportsStaging interface,
and if so, it will get the StagedTable object from DynamicTableSink.

For more implementation details, please see the FLIP-305 document.

This is my poc commits https://github.com/Tartarus0zm/flink/commit/025b30ad8f1a03e7738e9bb534e6e491c31990fa

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/FLIP-305%3A+Support+atomic+for+CREATE+TABLE+AS+SELECT%28CTAS%29+statement

--

Best regards,
Mang Zhang

Posted by liu ron <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Mang

Thanks for your update, the FLIP looks good to me now.

Best,
Ron

Mang Zhang <zh...@163.com> 于2023年6月9日周五 12:08写道:

Posted by Mang Zhang <zh...@163.com>.