Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Charles Benett <ch...@benett1.demon.co.uk> on 2002/08/16 15:35:22 UTC

Jprocess name?

Just a thought: the excalibur.jprocess sub-project seems to be named a
little mis-leadingly. I assumed it was a utility for handling
java.lang.Process's, whereas it is about isolating java threads.
Cheers,
Charles

Re: Jprocess name?

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 16 Aug 2002 23:35, Charles Benett wrote:
> Just a thought: the excalibur.jprocess sub-project seems to be named a
> little mis-leadingly. I assumed it was a utility for handling
> java.lang.Process's, whereas it is about isolating java threads.

Yep - originally I named it isolate but this name is used in JDK1.5/Tiger as
part of Isolate API (java.lang.isolate.*) and I wanted to avoid a clash. I
guess we could change it to isolate and just note that it is similar in
concept to the JDK Isolate API but done differently.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
The phrase "computer literate user" really means the person
has been hurt so many times that the scar tissue is thick
enough so he no longer feels the pain.
   -- Alan Cooper, The Inmates are Running the Asylum