Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by RJ Nowling <rn...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/29 02:33:13 UTC

Apache Big Data talks

Hi all,

Decisions were sent out today. My talk on synthetic data generation and BigPetStore was accepted.

Who else will be giving talks?

RJ

Re: Apache Big Data talks

Posted by jay vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.
appending to cos' list

- covering as much ground as possible
- don't overlap
- do some wiki+blog+twitter announcements
- unified "first slide architecture diagram" that we can all use ?  heres
mine
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-r0udNiKVSL0/VO6jV_gyyYI/AAAAAAAAAfQ/mNPgAHy_ZTo/s1600/Untitled%2Bdrawing.jpg
. its not perfect but it gets the job done, feel free to fork it or redo
your own and share.

--
jay vyas

RE: Apache Big Data talks

Posted by na...@reactor8.com.
Updated the previous doc used when we were submitting with which talks.  Flagged the accepted ones

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dIg6-IJqWB6sZ1SLns7drhB4MPiGQ9XhwPySYSbNHTw/edit?usp=sharing

We can add content/details as we progress, including bigtop template for presos, and any other event coordination needed

Re: Apache Big Data talks

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
I am pretty sure they exist. That was the case a couple of years before. lemme
ask on dev@community

Re: Apache Big Data talks

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
Uploaded mine too... Added the slide with the list of all out talks during the
conference.

Cos

Re: Apache Big Data templates

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 21 Sep 2015, Konstantin Boudnik wrote:
> Sorry if this has been communicated before, but I can't find it in the
> archives. Does anyone know where to get the slides templates for the
> ApacheCon Budapest 2015?

I'm not sure if there are official ones

I think at least some people are planning to just use the ApacheCon Europe
templates I produced last year:
http://people.apache.org/~nick/ACEU15_Template_Nick.odp

In case it helps, I've done an alternate verion of that, with the
ApacheCon logo replaced with the Apache Big Data Europe one.  The ACBD
logo wasn't quite the same shape, so it doesn't look quite as good, but
hopefully will be good enough for some people:
http://people.apache.org/~nick/ACBD15_Template_Nick.odp

Nick

Apache Big Data templates

Re: Apache Big Data talks

Posted by RJ Nowling <rn...@gmail.com>.

Re: Apache Big Data talks

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Re: Apache Big Data talks

Posted by RJ Nowling <rn...@gmail.com>.
I uploaded mine as well -- near the bottom.

On Mon, Sep 21, 2015 at 2:34 PM, <na...@reactor8.com> wrote:

> I will go through later tonight and look through content.  I will probably
> add some of your content to workshop intro if time permits.  Minimizing
> overlap would be good, as well as maybe sharing a couple intro/about slides
> people can have for their talks that are similar/same in content.
>
> Also will post some presentation templates for both libre office and
> powerpoint I started putting together for the Friday workshop in case
> anyone is interested in leveraging any of those assets

RE: Apache Big Data talks

Posted by na...@reactor8.com.

Re: Apache Big Data talks

Posted by Evans Ye <ev...@apache.org>.

Re: Apache Big Data talks

Posted by Evans Ye <ev...@apache.org>.
Updated on wiki

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BIGTOP/Apache+BigData+Budapest%2C+2015

> Site would be good, also we can add links to talk presentations
> during/after the event

RE: Apache Big Data talks

Posted by na...@reactor8.com.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

Re: Apache Big Data talks

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)

Re: Apache Big Data talks

Posted by Evans Ye <ev...@apache.org>.

Re: Apache Big Data talks

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.

Re: Apache Big Data talks

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Re: Apache Big Data talks

Posted by RJ Nowling <rn...@gmail.com>.

Re: Apache Big Data talks

Posted by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.

Re: Apache Big Data talks

Posted by Evans Ye <ev...@apache.org>.

Re: Apache Big Data talks

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Re: Apache Big Data talks

Posted by Olaf Flebbe <of...@oflebbe.de>.
mine got accepted, too

olaf

> Am 29.07.2015 um 06:14 schrieb <na...@reactor8.com> <na...@reactor8.com>:
>
> With yours looks like we have 4 total so far for the group.
>
> @olaf and @evans also submitted a couple others I believe

RE: Apache Big Data talks

Posted by na...@reactor8.com.