Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ringo De Smet <ri...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/18 16:23:44 UTC

Re: scm:update pom.xml to latest version on branch when checked out by tag

Mark,

2009/2/18 Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>:
> maybe I did not understand what you really like to do, but did you look at release:rollback? This will revert the pom back to the original status.
>
> One for sure: the scm providers won't help you much when it comes to manipulating the pom.xml. They are strictly for scm handling only.

Not what I had in mind. :-)

As an example, tag one of your projects with
"code_to_include_in_release". Do a checkout of the project based on
that tag and try to run release:perform. You will see what blocks me
in creating a release: the release-plugin can't commit the rewritten
pom.xml since it was checked out using a sticky tag. My idea of a
solution was to update pom.xml to the latest version on the branch (so
the sticky tag is removed) before running release:perform.

Ringo

Re: scm:update pom.xml to latest version on branch when checked out by tag

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
humm, for such things, you usually have to create a branch and not a tag. Because that's what you like to do: do some work on that branch! (even if it's "only" a release)
And take care that you have to set the branch info in the scm section in your pom properly for making the release plugin happy!

LieGrue,
strub

Posted by Ringo De Smet <ri...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.