Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Ma...@BIT.admin.ch on 2003/12/05 16:39:46 UTC

OJB in a Clusterd Environement

Hi
have some one experience with ojb in a Clustered J2EE Environment
(Websphere)?
Did OJB work proper with more than 2 clustered servers?
If yes which was the settings of OJB (used Sequensmanager, used
connectionmanager
, settings in OJB.properties)

Thanks for your answer

regards

Matthias Roth

Bundesamt für Informatik und Telekommunikation BIT
Office fédéral de l'informatique et de la télécommunication OFIT

Ufficio federale dell'informatica e della telecomunicazione UFIT
Monbijoustrasse 74, CH-3003 Bern

Tel.        ++41 (0)31 325 84  68
Fax        ++41 (0)31 325 97 54
matthias.roth@bit.admin.ch
http://www.bit.admin.ch/

Re: OJB in a Clusterd Environement

Posted by Jason McKerr <mc...@nacse.org>.
Matthias,

There is a page on the web site for using OJB in clusters.  It is a
little out of date though.  I have written a new HOW-TO that Armin
checked in late last week.   If you check out the latest and run ant
"bin/build.sh htmldoc" you'll find a comprehensive how-to in the
generated docs on using OJB in a clustered environment using Open
Symphony's OSCache.  I have also used OJB with Tangosol Coherence which
is a commercial distributed caching system.

As for actual use, I have used OJB extensively in clustered
environments, mostly J2EE.  I have tested the solution in the OJB how-to
with JRun, Tomcat, Resin, and Orion.

Jason