Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Shaun Etherton <Sh...@chimo.com.au> on 2004/06/10 06:33:11 UTC

newbie question regarding wsdl file and method arguments

Hi,

Apologies in advance if this is a stupid question.

Using axis for a web service that i have built and deployed but when the
wdsl is generated it has the following,

<wsdl:message name="registerUser">
<wsdl:part name="in0" type="xsd:string"/>
.
etc.

Can anyone tell me how I can get the name of the parameter in0 to be the
same as the name of the parameter in my java class? or at least what I
should be looking for, I have googled and looked at the axis site, but
i'm quickly running out of time.

eg)
public String registerUser(String username){
//...
}

<wsdl:message name="registerUser">
<wsdl:part name="username" type="xsd:string"/>

regards
-
shaun

Re: newbie question regarding wsdl file and method arguments

Posted by Dhanush Gopinath <dh...@mahindrabt.com>.
Shaun

I think u can manually editall the "in0" to "username" in the WSDL and then again generate the Stubs and Skeletons using WSDL2Java tool.

I dont hink this will cause any problem as along as the type is xsd:string.

Cheers

Dhanush
[...]

Disclaimer:

is strictly prohibited.