Posted to user@ctakes.apache.org by Michael Trepanier <mi...@metistream.com> on 2018/03/09 21:42:03 UTC

Leveraging cTAKES without a UMLS Credential Check

Hi All,

Is it possible to avoid the UMLS credential check each time cTAKES is run?
It seems like cTAKES would be configurable in such a way to use UMLS
credentials to acquire the sno_rx_16abterms dictionary once, and then not
need to check against UMLS in future runs.

In particular, I am thinking for instances where cTAKES is being run either
offline or in a highly parallel fashion and there is a chance UMLS could be
bombarded with credential checks. If there is documentation on how to
configure such a setup, I would greatly appreciate it if someone could
point me to it.

Regards,

Mike

--
[image: MetiStream Logo - 500]
Mike Trepanier| Big Data Engineer | MetiStream, Inc. |  mike@metistream.com |

Re: Leveraging cTAKES without a UMLS Credential Check

Posted by Ewan Mellor <ew...@ewanmellor.org>.
There was a thread about this on dev@ctakes recently.

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/a7ebb176e915cadc340547fc11bf8d525a5d8d7af79241bb1998ddbe@%3Cdev.ctakes.apache.org%3E

Cheers,

Ewan.

From: Michael Trepanier <mi...@metistream.com>>
Date: Friday, March 9, 2018 at 1:42 PM
To: <us...@ctakes.apache.org>>
Subject: Leveraging cTAKES without a UMLS Credential Check

Mike Trepanier| Big Data Engineer | MetiStream, Inc. |  mike@metistream.com<ma...@metistream.com> | 845 - 270 - 3129 (m) | www.metistream.com<http://www.metistream.com/>

Re: Leveraging cTAKES without a UMLS Credential Check

Posted by Ewan Mellor <ct...@ewanmellor.org.uk>.

Re: [EXTERNAL] Leveraging cTAKES without a UMLS Credential Check

Posted by Michael Trepanier <mi...@metistream.com>.
Appreciate the responses folks. We'll look into either developing our own
dictionary or using one which requires a credentialed download, as opposed
to the source-force link.

Best,

Mike

Posted by "Smith, Lincoln" <Li...@highmark.com>.
[...]

The information contained in this transmission may contain privileged and confidential information including personal information protected by federal and/or state privacy laws. It is intended only for the use of the addressee named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or duplication of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message. Highmark Health is a Pennsylvania nonprofit corporation. This communication may come from Highmark Health or one of its subsidiaries or affiliated businesses.