Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Lanre Abiwon <el...@hotmail.co.uk> on 2012/12/04 13:21:18 UTC

Unable to run tutorial dev app

Hi all

I only discovered OFBiz yesterday and I'm trying out this: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/OFBiz+Tutorial+-+A+Beginners+Development+Guide#OFBizTutorial-ABeginnersDevelopmentGuide-CreatingPracticeApplication%28HelloWorld...%29 tutorial. Unfortunately I can't get it to work even though I have followed it to the letter.

My dev environment is OSX 10.7 with OFBiz imported into netbeans (7.1.2) as per specified here: https://cwiki.apache.org/OFBIZ/ofbiz-in-netbeans-6.html

I also had a ton of dependency issues with the svn pull so ended up grabbing a 12.04 current build.
Would be grateful for a more up-to-date tutorial in OFbiz that actually works and how setup ofbiz in netbeans.

Thanks

P.S I've also been hanging out in the freenode irc channel in hopes of running into someone that can help.

Re: Unable to run tutorial dev app

Posted by Lanre Abiwon <el...@hotmail.co.uk>.
Found out that there was an ant script to generate a component. I used that and adapted the tutorial to match.
I still have to start and stop ofbiz via cli but I'll look into configuring netbeans to do that later.

With regards to the errors from the trunk checkout. They were all dependency related errors that are too numerous to name. But I have the latest 12.04 so I guess that shouldn't matter anymore.

I just have a few questions at the moment.
1) How do I setup ofBiz to use mysql instead of derby (Netbeans has a viewer for derby but I prefer to work with mysql  due to experience)
2) I haven't found a way to create additional users that can log into the app yet, how can I achieve this?
3) I'd like to be able to Modify the login page of Ofbiz, so does anyone have a good tutorial that covers the UI dev aspects of ofBiz.

Thanks for your help.

Posted by Erwan de FERRIERES <er...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lanre,