Posted to users@openjpa.apache.org by Anurag Rai <an...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/05 18:01:53 UTC

Re: Problems in setting up the work enviroment.

Hi all,
I am getting the following error message while using maven install. I looked
into the ..\openjpa-persistence\target\ directory but couldn't find
"test-classes" directory there. Could anyone please help ??

[WARNING] Unable to locate Source XRef to link to - DISABLED
[INFO] [resources:resources]
[INFO] Using 'UTF-8' encoding to copy filtered resources.
[INFO] Copying 8 resources
[INFO] Copying 2 resources to META-INF
[INFO] [compiler:compile]
[INFO] Nothing to compile - all classes are up to date
[INFO] [antrun:run {execution: default}]
[INFO] Executing tasks
      [jar] Building jar:
C:\Users\anurag\Documents\acads\GSoC\OpenJPA\trunk\openjpa-persistence\target\test-classes\second-persistence.jar
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] An Ant BuildException has occured: Problem creating jar:
C:\Users\anurag\Documents\acads\GSoC\OpenJPA\trunk\openjpa-persistence\target\test-classes\second-persistence.jar
(The system cannot find the path specified) (and the archive is probably
corrupt but I could not delete it)

[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: An Ant
BuildException has occured: Problem creating jar:
C:\Users\anurag\Documents\acads\GSoC\OpenJPA\trunk\openjpa-persistence\target\test-classes\second-persistence.jar
(The system cannot find the path specified) (and the archive is probably
corrupt but I could not delete it)
	at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:703)
	at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:540)
	at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:519)
	at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:371)
	at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:332)
	at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:181)
	at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:356)
	at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:137)
	at
	at
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: An Ant
BuildException has occured: Problem creating jar:
C:\Users\anurag\Documents\acads\GSoC\OpenJPA\trunk\openjpa-persistence\target\test-classes\second-persistence.jar
(The system cannot find the path specified) (and the archive is probably
corrupt but I could not delete it)
	at
org.apache.maven.plugin.antrun.AbstractAntMojo.executeTasks(AbstractAntMojo.java:131)
	at org.apache.maven.plugin.antrun.AntRunMojo.execute(AntRunMojo.java:98)
	at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:483)
	at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:678)
	... 16 more
Caused by: Problem creating jar:
C:\Users\anurag\Documents\acads\GSoC\OpenJPA\trunk\openjpa-persistence\target\test-classes\second-persistence.jar
(The system cannot find the path specified) (and the archive is probably
corrupt but I could not delete it)
	at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Zip.executeMain(Zip.java:574)
	at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Zip.execute(Zip.java:416)
	at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
	at
	at
	at
org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:106)
	at
org.apache.maven.plugin.antrun.AbstractAntMojo.executeTasks(AbstractAntMojo.java:118)
	... 19 more
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException:
C:\Users\anurag\Documents\acads\GSoC\OpenJPA\trunk\openjpa-persistence\target\test-classes\second-persistence.jar
(The system cannot find the path specified)
	at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:179)
	at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:131)
	at org.apache.tools.zip.ZipOutputStream.<init>(ZipOutputStream.java:267)
	at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Zip.executeMain(Zip.java:487)
	... 29 more
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 27 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Tue May 05 21:20:27 IST 2009
[INFO] Final Memory: 29M/52M
[INFO]

Re: Problems in setting up the work enviroment.

Posted by Michael Dick <mi...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 2:14 PM, Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org> wrote:

> Complete build with junit tests (mvn clean install) worked without test
> failures when I used 1.6.0_13, so for your case, I'd try:
> 1) upgrading to the latest Sun 1.6.0_13 JDK and making sure JAVA_HOME
> points to that level
> 2) checking out the source to c:\openjpa\trunk and trying the build again

3) try turning off any anti-virus programs during the build (I'm using
> Symantec w/o problems)
> 4) use a different OS :-)

Sounds like something I'd say :-). Out of idle curiosity does anyone know if
using cygwin resolve path length problems?

If another datapoint would help I can give it a try when I get home tonight
(and have a windows system available).

-mike

> -Donald
>

> Donald Woods wrote:
>
>> I tried Maven 2.1.0 with Sun Java 1.5.0_16 on WinXP and all the tests
>> under openjpa-lib and openjpa-persistence-jdbc passed for me using the
>> latest trunk code.
>>
>> I have everything checked out under C:\openjpa\trunk, but don't know if
>> that would help you (maybe a long path/filename problem on Windows.)
>>
>> I'll try running with Sun Java 1.6.0_13 next.....
>>

>> -Donald
>>

>> Anurag Rai wrote:
>>
>>> I am using the following version:
>>> Apache Maven 2.1.0 (r755702; 2009-03-19 00:40:27+0530)
>>> Java version: 1.6.0_07
>>> Java home: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_07\jre
>>> Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: Cp1252
>>> OS name: "windows vista" version: "6.0" arch: "x86" Family: "windows"
>>>
>>> The problem is bit strange, because when i compile(mvn compile) i dont
>>> get
>>> any errors. But I guess the problem is solved because when I ran the
>>> project
>>> in netbeans6.1(using maven plugin) the file "second-persistence" was
>>> created. But still i am not able to run the test cases, it gives me the
>>> following error related to XMLFactory:

<snip>

RE: Problems in setting up the work enviroment.

Posted by Ravi Palacherla <ra...@oracle.com>.
Anurag,

I am unable to replicate the problem.
But sometimes when I do a kill of my previous mvn install command, then it will leave the derby ( java process) without terminating it properly.

If I then re-run the "mvn install" then I used to see problems like these. ( not the exact problem but something like unable to delete file etc...)
When I kill the old java ( derby) process and re-run mvn install again, then it runs fine.

So, did you terminated the "mvn install" intermittently without a proper complete ?
If yes, you can try the above and see if it helps.

Regards,
Ravi.

Posted by ashish paliwal <as...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
mvn install bundles your class files and puts them into a common jar into
local maven repository  so that other projects can use it. You need to do
"mvn clean compile" first so that .class files are generated and then you
can do mvn install to build a jar out of those.
Although, I am not too sure that we need mvn install out here as .jar files
that mvn install will create won't be needed directly if  we have the code
already.

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 10:04 PM, Anurag Rai <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Rick,
> I was following instructions on [1]. After using "svn co" i changed to
> "trunk" directory   and executed "mvn install" which gave me the error.
>
> [1] http://openjpa.apache.org/building-openjpa.html
>

> Rick Curtis wrote:
> >
> > Anurag-
> >
> > What is the exact command that you are running, and from where? I wasn't
> > able to recreate what you're seeing.
> >
> > -Rick

Ashish Paliwal
Mobile : 9305128367
IIT Kanpur
India

Re: Problems in setting up the work enviroment.

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.

Posted by Anurag Rai <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
What level of Java and Maven are you using?
Also, it looks like you're using either Vista or Win2008 Server, so
wondering does your user account have administrator rights or not?

On WinXP, I'm using the following to build trunk without problems -
	Sun Java 1.5.0_16
	Maven 2.0.9

 From the root of the source you checked out (trunk in my case), try
running -