Posted to user@juddi.apache.org by Al Caponi <do...@yahoo.com.sg> on 2002/01/24 02:57:12 UTC

[jUDDI-users] How to request external UDDI registries?

MessageHi all,
    I'm trying to connect to an external UDDI registry and I've been waiting
for ard 10mins without any reply coming in.
    My code is as follows:

    /* START CODE */
    import org.juddi.request.FindBusinessRequest;
    import org.juddi.soap.client.SOAPClient;

    public class FindBusinessRequestTest
    {

      public FindBusinessRequestTest()
      {
      }

      {
        FindBusinessRequest fbr = new FindBusinessRequest();

        fbr.setName("test");
        fbr.setMaxRows(10);

        String url = "http://uddi.hp.com/inquire";
        String resp = SOAPClient.sendUDDIRequest(url, fbr.toXML());
        System.out.println(resp);

      }
    }

    /* END CODE */

    I guess it's ok to use the SOAPClient to perform that request right?

    What am I missing here?

    Regards
    Al

[jUDDI-users] RE: How to request external UDDI registries?

Posted by Al Caponi <do...@yahoo.com.sg>.
MessageI succeeded in requesting the following URL which I've got from a
Yahoo UDDI technical groups post:

http://www-3.ibm.com:80/services/uddi/testregistry/inquiryapi

For the previous post (http://uddi.hp.com/inquire) I finally got an
exception after 15 mins:
    java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: JVM_recv in socket
input stream read

I've included the port number 80 afterwards and I'm still waiting.

My guess would be that I've got the wrong URL.

Al