Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jo Vandermeeren <jo...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/18 17:37:48 UTC

Mojo: query the maven repository for dependencies

Hello fellow maven users,

I would like to create a standalone maven plugin that is able to create a
module archetype.
It should generate the pom and directory structure like a normal maven
archetype.

When this has been created, it should generate some workflows as spring
application context files, based on input parameters.
One of these parameters are the groupId, artifactId and version of other
maven-built artifacts (jars).
They should be added to the plugin classpath and certain resources in those
artifacts are loaded and used to generate other resources.

So in short..
I want to access the maven repository, look up the artifacts based on input
parameters, resolve them as plugin dependencies, do something with them and
add them to the to-be-created-project's pom dependency list.

Has anyone done this before and could point me in the right direction?

Cheers
Jo