Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by ludovic bostral <lu...@manreo.com> on 2003/04/17 16:23:49 UTC

Validation problem with xml:lang

I use xerces_c_2_2_0, under BCB 5 (I recreate the project with an import
of the VC6 project) and sometimes xerces java (I use the last version,
2_4, I think

I have a schema and some xml files. In the schema, I have a complextype
with an element which has an attribute . This attribute is like this :
xml:lang="en"

To support this, I have this line in my schema :
<xs:import namespace="http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace"
schemaLocation="http://www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsd"/>

I tried to validate my xml :
With a domparser
With donamespace to true
With doschema to true
With setNoNamespaceexternalLocation to my schema. (I don't have any
reference of schema in my xml)

In each line when I am using the xml:lang attribute, I have this error
code :
Required lang was not provided (and something like that).

I then made an EntityResolver, with all schemas and dtds used in the
same directory : Same error.

With Java, it works fine.

What am I doing wrong ? Is there any namespace to give in xerces_c ?

Re: Validation problem with xml:lang

Posted by Gareth Reakes <ga...@decisionsoft.com>.
Hi,
	can you post a working, small as possible schema and xml file
showing the problem.

Gareth

On Thu, 17 Apr 2003, ludovic bostral wrote:

> I use xerces_c_2_2_0, under BCB 5 (I recreate the project with an import
> of the VC6 project) and sometimes xerces java (I use the last version,
> 2_4, I think
>
> I have a schema and some xml files. In the schema, I have a complextype
> with an element which has an attribute . This attribute is like this :
> xml:lang="en"
>
> To support this, I have this line in my schema :
> <xs:import namespace="http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace"
> schemaLocation="http://www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsd"/>
>
> I tried to validate my xml :
> With a domparser
> With donamespace to true
> With doschema to true
> With setNoNamespaceexternalLocation to my schema. (I don't have any
> reference of schema in my xml)
>

> In each line when I am using the xml:lang attribute, I have this error
> code :
> Required lang was not provided (and something like that).
>
> I then made an EntityResolver, with all schemas and dtds used in the
> same directory : Same error.
>
> With Java, it works fine.
>
> What am I doing wrong ? Is there any namespace to give in xerces_c ?

Gareth Reakes, Head of Product Development  +44-1865-203192
DecisionSoft Limited                        http://www.decisionsoft.com
XML Development and Services