Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Anthony Perritano <ap...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/16 08:42:34 UTC

[Axis 1.4] generate wsdl with soap attachment

Hi,
I have a method in a java bean that i want to turn into a webservice that
returns a soap attachment of file to the client. From various articles i
have read that your method must return a DataHandler object.

my method looks like:

public DataHandler getXYZ()

when i run java2wsdl on the javabean, i get xsd:anytype as the return type
in my wsdl and no attachment information. do i have insert the soap
attachment information in my wsdl manually? is there a way java2wsdl can
generate it?

thx for your help
Anthony

Re: [Axis 1.4] generate wsdl with soap attachment

Posted by Rodrigo Ruiz <rr...@gridsystems.com>.
Anthony, check that activation and mail jars are both in the classpath
for java2wsdl. It needs these two libraries for attachment support.

HTH,
Rodrigo

Anthony Perritano wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a method in a java bean that i want to turn into a webservice
> that returns a soap attachment of file to the client. From various
> articles i have read that your method must return a DataHandler object.
>
> my method looks like:
>
> public DataHandler getXYZ()
>
> when i run java2wsdl on the javabean, i get xsd:anytype as the return
> type in my wsdl and no attachment information. do i have insert the soap
> attachment information in my wsdl manually? is there a way java2wsdl can
> generate it?
>
> thx for your help
> Anthony

GRIDSYSTEMS                    Rodrigo Ruiz Aguayo
Parc Bit - Son Espanyol
07120 Palma de Mallorca        mailto:rruiz@gridsystems.com
Baleares - EspaƱa              Tel:+34-971435085 Fax:+34-971435082
http://www.gridsystems.com