Posted to user@flink.apache.org by avivros <av...@iqpiot.com> on 2017/09/04 11:00:52 UTC

Securing Flink Monitoring REST API

What is the best way to secure the Monitoring REST API?
I am using the monitoring rest API in a production environment (
starting/stopping jobs, etc...). I should only allow authenticated calls to
be executed ( called from a Java sever process ).
What's the best way to go about this ( Kerberos? SSL Client Authentication?
Other?).

Re: Securing Flink Monitoring REST API

Posted by Fabian Hueske <fh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the correction and the pointers Eron!

Cheers, Fabian

Posted by Eron Wright <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Fabian Hueske <fh...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by avivros <av...@iqpiot.com>.

Posted by Fabian Hueske <fh...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

you can configure SSL for Flink's network communication [1] (see
jobmanager.web.ssl.enabled).
However, Flink does not manage different user accounts or allows to grant
permissions yet.

Best, Fabian

[1]
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.3/setup/security-ssl.html