Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by randy hoffman <ra...@bluebottle.com> on 2007/06/11 20:06:50 UTC

Tomcat 6.0.13 Application Context Clustering

Hi,
I can't seem to get application context clustering to work using a context.xml file inside of my webapp's META-INF directory.  Tomcat seems to ignore the className="org.apache.catalina.ha.context.ReplicatedContext" parameter inside my Context element in the context.xml.  However, session replication does work, so clustering is working.
Here is the context.xml:
<Context className="org.apache.catalina.ha.context.ReplicatedContext"
         distributable="true"
         swallowOutput="true"
         reloadable="true">
</Context>

If i create the context xml file as $CATALINA_BASE/conf/EngineName/Hostname/app.xml, it works fine session and application replication together.  Any idea why there would be a restriction on using the class name parameter in the app/META-INF/context.xml file?

Thanks!

Randy