Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/02 17:29:15 UTC

[announce] ognl 2.7 fail-safe enabled

I think I've resolved most of the issues over the weekend already, but
since I ran across a new ognl jira issue this morning I went ahead and
enabled the promised fail-safe compilation features.

If anyone gets any exceptions related to ognl javassist please report
them asap, if they're just stack dumps to system.out it would be
~nice~ if you filed the bugs but hopefully they won't affect the
operation of your respective apps.

This was only enabled / deployed an hour or so ago so you'll need to
get the new snapshot to see the changes.

--
Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo team member/developer

RE: [announce] ognl 2.7 fail-safe enabled

Posted by Ma...@bmw.ch.
Sorry to bring this up again, but I was too quick with my positive
feedback, although it IS better than before ;). There are still problems
which the workaround doesn't catch:

Unable to process client request: Unable to parse OGNL expression '
value || !okOnly': Unable to add method java.lang.Object
ref2(ognl.OgnlContext, java.lang.Object) to class
ognl.ASTOr9607468Accessor: [source error] ; is missing

I'll file a bug once the opensymphony-jira is back at work. Otherwise
we've to go back to 4.1.1 for the time being, unfortunately. But I'll
try from time to time when I feel like it ...

Marcus

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
Hey Marcus,

Posted by Patrick Moore <pa...@buildcap.com>.
Hi Jesse --

It is nice that you care enough to put both a workaround and to ask for the
people to report issues...

-Pat

Posted by Patrick Klein <pa...@bi-so.de>.
Hi Jesse,

had to look up the message myself again...
here is a quote of what i wrote:

----------------------------------

i'm experiencing some trouble here with Tapestry4.1.2 SNAPSHOT and
ognl-expressions.

I've got the following construct in a table-component in my template:

  <input jwcid="price@TextField"
value="ognl:orderPosition.price.netPrice" size="6"
translator="translator:bisoNumber,pattern=#0.00#"
displayName="message:PRICE" validators="validators:required"/>

from the state of the application both methods isShowPrices() and
isPositionEditable() both should return true.

T4.1.1 builds html-code like following:

            <input type="text" name="price" value="365,00" id="price"
size="6" />

however, if i switch to T4.1.2 SNAPSHOT i get the following:

            365,00

using the identical application state, which would imply that
isPositionEditable has returned false which it shouldn't. I've put some
debug output
into the isPositionEditable() method to track it's result and had to
realize that the method was called only once for a table containing 6
rows in
each of which it should've been called.

Additionally to that i'm experiencing some trouble with the latest
tap/ognl snapshot as expressions like "ognl:conditionA||conditionB"
result in an exception.

Does anyone have an idea about to avoid the first first problem?

I guess the second one came with the latest snapshot of ognl as it
worked with 4.1.2-SNAPSHOT last week...

The snipplet is part of a table in one of our pages which is also the
only one showing this behavior in our application. We got other
order-related pages which are working perfectly with very similar code
to that one...

Regards,
    Patrick

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Patrick Klein <pa...@bi-so.de>.
Hi, Jesse,

Posted by Norbert Sándor <de...@erinors.com>.
This is a very user-friendly solution, thanks!
I will give it a try soon.