Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Dave Peterson <ds...@tagged.com> on 2013/06/12 23:24:00 UTC

metadata request/response question

Suppose I send a metadata request for a single topic or some small
subset of the entire set of available topics.  Will the response contain
broker information for all brokers, or just brokers that contain data for
at least one of the requested topics?

Thanks,
Dave

Re: metadata request/response question

Posted by Milind Parikh <mi...@gmail.com>.
Since you send it a Topic that does not exist, it sends you a blank list of
brokers. So extending it, I suppose, would  mean that it would send only
those brokers that contain data.
Regards
Milind

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.
It will only send those brokers on which those topics are assigned.

Thanks,

Jun