Posted to dev@oodt.apache.org by Imesha Sudasingha <im...@apache.org> on 2021/03/12 02:57:55 UTC

[REPORT] OODT - March 2021

Apache OODT is a software framework as well as an architectural style for
the
rapid construction of scientific data systems. It provides components for
data
capture, curation, metadata extraction, workflow management, resource
management, and data processing.

## Issues:
There are no issues requiring board attention.

## Membership Data:
Apache OODT was founded 2010-11-17 (10 years ago)
There are currently 46 committers and 45 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is roughly 1:1.

Community changes, past quarter:
- No new PMC members. Last addition was Imesha Sudasingha on 2017-08-28.
- No new committers. Last addition was Imesha Sudasingha on 2017-08-29.

## Project Activity:
We are currently working on JDK 11 support and removing XML RPC support.
There
have been very positive contributions during this quarter. Several PRs are
waiting to be reviewed for OODT 2.0 release. We are hopeful to get them
merged
in next quarter.

## Community Health:
Compared to last reporting period, project activity has been high due to
several contributors working on JDK 11 support, logging improvements for
OODT
and overall 2.0 release. We predict this trend will continue in the next
quarter as well.