Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Jack Lauman <jl...@nwcascades.com> on 2003/09/23 19:56:50 UTC

Design question

I, like a lot of other people are new to Lucene.  Practical examples
are pretty scarce.

I have the following site:

http://www.tasteofwhatcom.com

It's built on JBoss 3.0.7/Tomcat 4.1.24, Apache 2.0.47/mod_jk 1.2.4,
MySQL 3.23.57 and RedHat 9.0.

I want to add search capabilites to the site to allow users to
search for entries.  All the menu items are in various MySQL
tables.  In addition some information is in static html and jsp
pages.  Some links are to PDF docs on the site.

How do you create a Lucene index on 'menu items' in the database as
well as the static pages both html and jsp, and any PDF docs that
are linked?  Are there any examples?

Thanks,

Jack

Re: Design question

Posted by petite_abeille <pe...@mac.com>.
> I, like a lot of other people are new to Lucene.  Practical examples
> are pretty scarce.

If you don't mind learning by example, take a look at the "Powered by
Lucene" page. A fair number of those projects are open source.

http://jakarta.apache.org/lucene/docs/powered.html

PA.

Re: Design question

Posted by petite_abeille <pe...@mac.com>.