Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Arthur Chan <ar...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/09 08:04:21 UTC

How to backup and Restore Hadoop 2.x ?

Hi,

Any idea how to backup and restore Hadoop 2.x?   Use tape or form a new
Hadoop cluster, or any other options?

I use Hadoop 2.6 with HBase and Hive

Thanks

Regards

Re: How to backup and Restore Hadoop 2.x ?

Posted by Chetna C <ch...@gmail.com>.
We recently did a backup from one cluster to another cluster using our
in-house tool Blueshift (https://github.com/flipkart-incubator/BlueShift),
you can try this tool.

Thanks,
Chetna Chaudhari