Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by John Trollinger <ja...@trollingers.com> on 2002/05/16 16:10:41 UTC

Tomcat WebDav servlet and webapp properties

I admit that what I am trying to do is a hack up front, but any help
would be great.

I am trying make the webdav servlet that comes with tomcat like ftp over
port 80.

What we want to do is allow people to change files for any webapp
deployed by connecting to the webdav webapp.  The problem we are having
is how fool the webdav servlet into using a different path.

For example take a look at the following directory structure

Tomcat
 --> webapps
	--> appone
	  --> directoryone
	--> apptwo
	--> webdav

We want the webdav servlet be able to be configured so that it uses the
tomcat/webapps/appone/directoryone as the root path when connected to by
a webdav client.

Is this even posible.

Thanks

John Trollinger

RE: Tomcat WebDav servlet and webapp properties

Posted by John Trollinger <ja...@trollingers.com>.
Yeah.. It might.. Can you send it over to me..

jtrollinger@automatedlogic.com

Thanks,

John

 > I admit that what I am trying to do is a hack up front, but any help
> would be great.  >
 > I am trying make the webdav servlet that comes with tomcat like ftp
over  > port 80.

 > What we want to do is allow people to change files for any webapp  >
deployed by connecting to the webdav webapp.  The problem we are having
> is how fool the webdav servlet into using a different path.  >
 > For example take a look at the following directory structure  >
 > Tomcat
 >  --> webapps
 > 	--> appone
 > 	  --> directoryone
 > 	--> apptwo
 > 	--> webdav
 >
 > We want the webdav servlet be able to be configured so that it uses
the  > tomcat/webapps/appone/directoryone as the root path when
connected to by  > a webdav client.  >
 > Is this even posible.

I hacked up a WebDav solution to a *person webfolder* requirement we had
alittle while ago. It's not that clever, all it does is authenticate the
user and take them to a personal WebDav folder under the WebDav context.
It's a complete hack and not exactly what your after but mail me if you
think it would help.

..Nick

Re: Tomcat WebDav servlet and webapp properties

Posted by Nick Sharples <ni...@runtime-collective.com>.