Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "GU,JAMES (HP-Corvallis,ex1)" <ja...@hp.com> on 2001/01/24 02:10:59 UTC

RE: how to change the window target in a JSP file?

Does anyone know how to have dynamic control in a JSP file which browser
window
that JSP file itself should be displayed? For example, I have two browser
window
A and B and submit a form from one of the windows. After processing that
request, I return foo.jsp. The difficulty is that I want to display foo.jsp
in A
if certain conditions are detected on the SERVER side, otherwsie, display
foo.jsp in B. I tried the header window-target, which only worked in
netscape.

I am not talking about the target attribute of form or link etc because they
are
client-side control and can be only used to define the window target for the

next JSp file.

Thanks.

-james

RE: how to change the window target in a JSP file?

Posted by Abraham Kang <ab...@infogain.com>.
Deploying Struts on iPlanet 4.1 - any successes?Hi James,

   You might need some heavy duty JavaScript for this one but here it goes.
Make sure you have refernece to the window you want to optionally load
within a hidden frame of window A (form submitting window).  When you submit
the page, pull back the default page to display in window A and if you need
to populate window B then store the contents of window B in Javascript in
window A.  When the default page loads in window A use the window reference
in the hidden frame of window A to dynamically rewrite the contents of
window B using docuemnt.open(), document.write ("HTML to Populate other
window that you got from foo.jsp"), and document.close() to commit the
changes.

Good Luck,
Abraham