Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Michael Wentzel <Mi...@aswethink.com> on 2001/02/15 17:11:22 UTC

RE: IllegalStateException - tomcat 4

> I have searched archives and have seen similar discussions,
> but could not
> really find an answer.
> I am developing a software on top of Servlet API 2.3 so I do
> need to use
> Tomcat at least for now. I tried to create a very simplified
> test case. I
> was able to reproduce a part of the problem so far, so that I can move
> forward.
> I am getting the following exception:
>
> java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot forward after
> response has been
> committed
> 	at

This is from a forward being used after output has already been
written to the JSPWriter.

---
Michael Wentzel
Software Developer
Software As We Think - http://www.aswethink.com
mailto:wentzel@aswethink.com

- Punisher of those who cannot spell dumb!

RE: IllegalStateException - tomcat 4

Posted by Andrey Akselrod <aa...@runtime.com>.
But this is the trick: I am not using forward - i use include!
(see my last email for the code sample).
-a