Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by luna_guo <gh...@163.com> on 2009/03/15 09:04:59 UTC

[T5]form filed component not so handy.

Tapestry's form related components is not very handy in some case.for
example:
select:
render out a list of options from database is complex,and what shall we do
when the options are rendered by javascript?More complex,eh?
checkbox can only  used for a single boolean value.Multiple check is often
needed.For asking the users's favourite  foods,actresses etc.
How about t5 make a form field  component works like the any component,add
the ability to set value to the server.For example:
<t:anyField element="input" type="hidden" t:value=""…… //support informal
parameters
<t:anyFiled element="select" t:id=""……>//options from a loop

<t:checkboxs t:value="" ……<t:checkboxs t:value="" with the same control name
and set the value to  a collection variable.

Sorry for my English
luna

Re: [T5]form filed component not so handy.

Posted by Angelo Chen <an...@yahoo.com.hk>.
multiple checkbox is something I'd like to have.