Posted to wss4j-dev@ws.apache.org by Anthony Bargnesi <ab...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/21 18:43:46 UTC

User/Pass when required UsernameToken + XML Signing

Hello again,

I have a webservice that requires both a UsernameToken and an xml signature
to be provided in a ws-security header, but I'm running into trouble
configuring the user and pass.

For the UsernameToken I need to provide the webservice endpoint credentials,
but for the xml signature I need to provide the keystore alias and password.

Does this mean my keystore alias/password has to match the 3rd-party
credentials in order to provide both UsernameToken + XML Signature?

Thanks,
Tony

Re: User/Pass when required UsernameToken + XML Signing

Posted by Anthony Bargnesi <ab...@gmail.com>.
Fixed the issue.  It had to do with providing both the UsernameToken and
Signature within.  Using the fixes on the 1.5.x branch, related to Issue
WSS-194 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WSS-194>, did the trick.

Had to further customize the WSPasswordCallback instance to provide two
passwords based on the "usage" flag in WSPasswordCallback.

Then everything worked like a charm.

Tony

Posted by Anthony Bargnesi <ab...@gmail.com>.