Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Robert Priest <Ro...@bentley.com> on 2002/06/06 19:11:46 UTC

Switching isapi configuration from jk to jk2

Switching isapi configuration: jk to jk2?

Using:

tc 4.0.3
IIS 5.0
W2k Server

Hello, I was wondering if you guys can help me to configure my tomcat
installation to use jk2 vs jk.

Can you tell me if the following steps are complete and correct, and fill in
any missing info?

1. copy isapi_redirector2.dll into TOMCAT_HOME/bin.

2. change ISAPI Filter in IIS "Default Web Site" to point from
isapi_redirect.dll to isapi_redirector2.dll

3. Modify ISAPI Filter Registry entries

	-- what are the new keys and values?
	-- can I use a properties file (instead of registry) yet?

4. create a  workers2.properties in TOMCAT_HOME/conf/ dir. that looks
similar to this:

	logger.level=DEBUG
	# That's created by default if no other channel is definedc
	channel.socket.DEFAULT.port=8009
	channel.socket.local_9009.port=9009
	# that defines automatically a worker named
	# 'tomcat1' and an 'engine' named tomcat1
	channel.socket.tomcat1.host=host1.my.com
	channel.socket.tomcat1.lbfactor=0.5
	[uri:/examples/*]
	# Automatically define the lb worker and sets balanced_workers
	# for this particular uri.
	engine=DEFAULT,tomcat1
	[uri:/examples2/*]
	# the /examples2 is only available on tomcat2
	engine=tomcat1

   adding additional [uri:/WEBAPP/] entries for your wep application (under
TOMCAT_HOME/webapps).

Anything else? Do I need to make any changes to server.xml?