Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Kennedy Clark <kc...@iname.com> on 2002/02/15 02:58:43 UTC

Popup Browser Windows & Tomcat Realm Authentication

I'm using Tomcat 4.0.1 to develop a web-site application that needs to use
popup browser windows.  I have the main page protected by a JDBCRealm and
it's working nicely.  Now that I've added the popups, the popup window
opens fine using the authentication of the main windows.  However, when you
close the popup, you cannot do anything in the main windows without having
to re-authenticate.  I've tried using both a "target=" attribute on an "<a
href=", as well as a JavaScript "onClick="open(..." to create the popup
windows -- the results are the same -- the authentication follows the child
window and then dies with it.  How can I fix this?  All help greatly
appreciated!

Thanks,
Kennedy

RE: Popup Browser Windows & Tomcat Realm Authentication

Posted by Ricky Leung <ri...@booksense.com>.
I'm not sure if this would work, but I am guessing that your popup
immediately opens and your original window didn't do a thing.  If you allow
your parent authenticate and go to a authenticated page, it would be fine.
Then simply have that page popup the window that you wanted.  This idea is
similar to the way many sites having an auto-popup of advertisement when you
enters their main page.  Give that a try.

Ricky