Posted to mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Nada Saif <na...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/15 21:13:03 UTC

Mapreduce -shuffle and sort enhancement.

Hi,

I'm interested in contributing to Hadoop ,specially MapReduce shuffle and
sort.
I'm still novice ,can you please lead me through the code ,what part of
code I should focus on?

Also Ideas that I can work on -if possible!

Thanks & regards,
Nada

Re: Mapreduce -shuffle and sort enhancement.

Posted by Ravi Prakash <ra...@ymail.com>.
Hi Nada!
Please visit https://github.com/apache/hadoop to clone the source code. Please familiarize yourself with git. You should be able to create branches in your local repository.
HTHRavi

     On Tuesday, November 18, 2014 7:47 AM, Nada Saif <na...@gmail.com> wrote:

 Thanks Ravi!
How to update and build the code ? I want to have two versions of Hadoop the old one and the updated one inside my machine -so I can test the performance of both,How to do that?
My regards,Nada
On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 10:17 PM, Ravi Prakash <ra...@ymail.com> wrote:

Nada!
You can look at MergeManagerImpl.java