Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Endashaw Kebede <en...@yahoo.com> on 2008/06/26 13:26:41 UTC

problem when extracting text from PPT

Hello, I'm using poi-3.5-alpha1. When I try to extract text from PPT the following error message displayed. pls help.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.poi.poifs.filesystem.POIFSFileSystem.getRoot()Lorg/apache/poi/poifs/filesystem/DirectoryNode;
        at org.apache.poi.hslf.HSLFSlideShow.<init>(HSLFSlideShow.java:129)
        at org.apache.poi.hslf.extractor.PowerPointExtractor.<init>(PowerPointExtractor.java:92)
        at org.apache.poi.hslf.extractor.PowerPointExtractor.<init>(PowerPointExtractor.java:85)
        at Main.main(Main.java:37)

 I am using Netbeans 5.5 as a development envt.

I am thankfull for your help,

Endashaw

Re: problem when extracting text from PPT

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@torchbox.com>.
On Thu, 26 Jun 2008, Endashaw Kebede wrote:
> Hello, I'm using poi-3.5-alpha1. When I try to extract text from PPT the
> following error message displayed. pls help.   Exception in thread
> "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
> org.apache.poi.poifs.filesystem.POIFSFileSystem.getRoot()Lorg/apache/poi/poifs/filesystem/DirectoryNode;
>         at

You almost certainly have an older version of poi on your classpath. Fix
it so you only have one version of poi, and that the version of the main
poi jar matches that of your poi scratchpad jar. With that sorted, this
error will go away

Nick