Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Saar Serur <sa...@idor.com> on 2002/12/18 13:17:36 UTC

xml schema and Biztlak

Hi
I try to use xerces parser to validate xml schema for Biztlak xsd.
I tried to use:
parser.setFeature("http://xml.org/sax/features/validation", true );
parser.setFeature("http://apache.org/xml/features/validation/schema", true );
parser.setFeature("http://apache.org/xml/features/validation/schema-full-checking",true);

but I got an errors
How can I do it

schema: schema.xsd

<Schema xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xml-data" name="Root" xmlns:d="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:datatypes">
<element type="Main" maxOccurs="*" minOccurs="0"/>
<ElementType name="Sub" content="textOnly" order="many" model="closed" d:type="string"></ElementType>
</Schema>

xml: xml.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Root>
<Main>
 <Sub>yyy</Sub>
</Main>
</Root>

Re: xml schema and Biztlak

Posted by Simon Kitching <si...@ecnetwork.co.nz>.
Hi Saar,

I'm no expert on BizTalk, but I believe the situation is as follows...

BizTalk was invented before the W3C xml schema spec. Microsoft therefore
invented their own xml-based schema language, called "XDR" or "XML-DR".

Microsoft certainly claimed at the time that they would move to using
"official" XML schemas when the spec was published. From what I can see
on their website, this is actually true. That is, the latest BizTalk
documents appear to be using *real* xml schemas. These documents should
be parseable with any standards-compliant parser, like Xerces.

Of course there are lots of "old" documents using XDR still floating
around. These will not be parseable by anything other than Microsoft's
BizTalk server. And it looks like the document you are trying to parse
is one of these.

I suggest you follow this subject up on one of the BizTalk discussion
forums..

Regards,

Simon

Re: xml schema and Biztlak