Posted to users@maven.apache.org by thorsten maus <lo...@yahoo.com> on 2004/08/25 10:21:13 UTC

aspectj classpath

hi there ..

im running constantly into the following error while
trying to run maven with aspectj

warning couldn't find aspectjrt.jar on classpath,
checked:

im not quite shure if this is crucial ... but my
aspects do not get bound to my classes ..

anyone had these problems before ???

by the way ...
aspectj looks as it is properly working ..
it scans all sources ...
but simply does not bind classes and aspects together

im using a sample aspectj example for integrating
logging into my classes
(http://www.developer.com/java/other/article.php/10936_3109831_3)

thanks for your help

RE: aspectj classpath

Posted by thorsten maus <lo...@yahoo.com>.
thanks carlos ..

usually .. the message output from maven tells you how
many files aspectj  touched ..
i have seen it yesterday once ...
but not in a multiproject environment ...
but the environment looks ok .. as the plugin
recognizes the correct source directories ....

but this time .. aspectj does not merge any file
together ... and that looks abit strange to me ...

RE: aspectj classpath

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ap...@carlos.cousas.net>.
Hi,

You can ignore the warning, it's a bug with the aspectj compiler, the
AspectJ guys are aware.

Why do you know that they are not bound? Maybe you don't have your logging
framework configured properly, try with some system.out.print in the aspect
to see if it's bound.

Regards

Carlos Sanchez
A Coruña, Spain