Posted to dev@dubbo.apache.org by Jun Liu <li...@apache.org> on 2020/07/17 06:15:28 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Dubbo 2.6.9 RC1

Hello Dubbo Community,

This is a call for vote to release Apache Dubbo version 2.6.9.

The release candidates:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/dubbo/dubbo/2.6.9/

Git tag for the release:
https://github.com/apache/dubbo/releases/tag/dubbo-2.6.9

Hash for the release tag:
d895bf15d0dda6a69c552c6b06d5e452692bef53

Release Notes:
https://github.com/apache/dubbo/releases/tag/dubbo-2.6.9

The artifacts have been signed with Key: 28681CB1, which can be found in
the keys file:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/dubbo/KEYS

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours or until necessary number of
votes are reached.

Please vote accordingly:

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove with the reason

Thanks,
The Apache Dubbo Team

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Dubbo 2.6.9 RC1

Posted by Jun Liu <li...@apache.org>.
Correction, the vote passed with 5 +1 binding votes:
Jun Liu,
Justin Mclean,
Ian Luo,
Victory Cao,
Mercy Ma

Thanks all for voting. I’m on the progress of releasing it.

Jun

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Jun Liu <li...@apache.org>.
The vote passed with 3 +1 binding votes:
Jun Liu,
Ian Luo,
Victory Cao,
Mercy Ma

Jun

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

+1 (binding)

I checked:
- signatures and hashes are good
- LICENSE and NOTICE correct
- No binary files in release
- All ASF headers have correct headers
- Can compile from source

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Dubbo 2.6.9 RC1

Posted by Jun Liu <li...@apache.org>.
+1 binding, I checked:

* Hashes and signatures are good
* UTs and dubbo-samples can pass on JDK1.8
* All files no binaries
* All files has standard LICENSE headers
* NOTICE and LICENSE exist

Posted by Jun Liu <li...@apache.org>.
We still need 3 votes to release.

Posted by Mercy Ma <me...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding),

 checked:
  - Signatures and hashes are good
  - LICENSE and NOTICE exist and contents are good
  - All files no binary
  - The source can be compiled, however, one test case is failed, it should
be fixed in the next release:

 > Results :
>  Tests in error:
>  SerialDetectorTest.testBlacklisted:32 » NullPointer

Kind regards,
Mercy Ma

--

*Mercy Ma*
GMail:mercyblitz@gmail.com

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Dubbo 2.6.9 RC1

Posted by Jun Liu <li...@apache.org>.
> but I found the unit test failed for some reason. @Jun Liu <ma...@apache.org> You should check the unit test.

The UT failed because of one binary file is not packed into the source package. We need to catch the potential exceptions in the next time.

Jun

Posted by victory <sh...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

<li...@apache.org> You should check the unit test.

Ian Luo <ia...@gmail.com> 于2020年7月22日周三 下午10:03写道:

--

Best Regard!
cvitory

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Dubbo 2.6.9 RC1

Posted by Ian Luo <ia...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jun Liu <li...@apache.org>.
> Compared with dubbo-2.6.8 and dubbo-2.6.9, I believe there are another two
> improvements
> 1. upgrade fastjson to 1.2.70 to fix security issue
> 2. add new thread pool strategy for Consumer

Good catch, I will add them to the release note.

Jun

Posted by YunKun Huang <ht...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jun Liu <li...@apache.org>.

Posted by YunKun Huang <ht...@gmail.com>.