Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Steven Parkes <st...@esseff.org> on 2006/08/23 00:42:53 UTC

apachecon

So it looks like there's only a little Lucene-oriented stuff on the
program at ApacheCon 2006. The Solr talk looks interesting.

I was wondering if there have been any other self/semi-organized things
around Lucene in the past, like a BOF?

Re: Solr Cache

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Hoss. I apologize for being  slightly off topic.  Instead of
using  Solr, I am trying to steal from it, and so Lucene was still
mostly what was on my mind :) I posted too soon as well because I
finally found the wiki page on caching at Solr's site.

I have just implemented the "warm a new searcher" trick in my Lucene
app, and I am now looking into the best way to add caching--if caching
turns out to be beneficial to the app I am making. Of course I might
just drop all of this and use Solr, but it seems to be a nice learning
experience to go through all of this using just Lucene. Thanks for the
high level answers though...exactly what I was looking for.

- Mark

Re: Solr Cache

Solr Cache

Re: apachecon

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@apache.org>.
On 8/23/06, Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> wrote:
> : I was wondering if there have been any other self/semi-organized things
> : around Lucene in the past, like a BOF?
>
> This will be my first ApacheCon, so i can't speak to what's happened in
> the past -- but I'm certainly up for putting some faces to some names.

I'll be attending ApacheCon also, in case any Lucene fans want to get together.

-Yonik

Re: apachecon