Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com> on 2000/05/17 04:15:38 UTC

how to create DOM objects in an extension function

Hi guys. I'm writing another extension function in Java. I want to return
a fairly complex set of DOM objects from it. I presume the proper thing to
do would be to return a DocumentFragment. Assuming that's true, how do I
create the fragment and the DOM objects? I try getting the Document object
from the element argument, but it won't let me make new objects. Is the
right thing to do to get the Document object from the context's
sourceNode? Or am I going about this all wrong?

- donald