Posted to dev@aries.apache.org by Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org> on 2011/02/21 18:30:16 UTC

PMC JIRA group (was: Please keep JIRA issues up to date)

It looks like the intent of the "_Apache Standard Permissions_" JIRA
permissions scheme that Aries and all (?) other projects use is to
give PMC members the role of 'PMC'. I've seen projects that have
individual users with that role, but none (yet) with a dedicated
foo-pmc group that is actually used in the PMC role of the project.
I'd be happy create an aries-pmc group and assign it to the PMC role
of our JIRA project, to 'grease the wheels'.

WDYT?
Jeremy

On 21 February 2011 11:03, Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, it's not really a JIRA group, it's a project role which can be changed at:
>  https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/project/ViewProjectRoleActors.jspa?projectRoleId=10011&projectId=12310981
> I've just added you to the PMC role which should automatically give
> you administration karma on Aries JIRA project.
>
> On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 11:58, Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> There is a group for PMC members, and I'll add you into it now.
>>
>> On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 11:54, Alasdair Nottingham <no...@apache.org> wrote:
>>> My JIRA id is "not" and I do not have access to add, delete, change or
>>> modify anything.
>>> I am in the aries-developers group, which I guess doesn't give me
>>> project admin authority.
>>> If all PMC members should have this access should we create a group
>>> for pmc members?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Alasdair

Re: PMC JIRA group (was: Please keep JIRA issues up to date)

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Monday 21 February 2011 1:13:01 PM Mark Nuttall wrote:
> > What I
> > was really trying to get at was whether we should populate the PMC
> > role with all the PMCers or just wait until they ask for it. I favour
> > the former to so a friendly admin isn't needed at an awkward time.
>
> I agree. +1

Yep. +1 as well.

I really think there should be a nice list of instructions for when a new
committer or PMC member is voted in.  Something like:

1) Get account created once ICLA is in.
2) Add to appriate unix group
3) Add to "committe" if adding to PMC
4) Update JIRA roles
5) Add to appropriate group in Confluence
etc....

2 and 3 can only be done by the PMC Chair.   It would definitely be preferred
if the PMC chair also did 4 and 5 at roughly the same time.  (and likely
should be done retroactively for everyone right about now so we can start off
with a correct/clean slate)

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: PMC JIRA group (was: Please keep JIRA issues up to date)

Posted by Mark Nuttall <mn...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

--