Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Aniruddha Shevade <as...@actuate.com> on 2002/02/28 02:44:51 UTC

Urgent Help requirred - Limitations of the TcpTunnel

Hello All
   Another question about the tunnel. Is there a limitation on the buffer
size of teh data which can be handled
by th tunnel. There seems to be some problem when very huge amount of Data ,
( Such as a large File download
being sent through a Tunnel ).  I am seeing the application crash
 Has anybody seen similar problems

Thanks
-Aniruddha

RE: Urgent Help requirred - Limitations of the TcpTunnel

Posted by Arun swaran Jagatheesan <ar...@sdsc.edu>.
I have faced the same problem. My understanding is that you are trying to do
soap with attachments on w2k.

I guess apache soap reads the entire file that you want to upload or
download (along with your soap message) into the memory before pushing it
into the http socket. Hence if you try out some thing different like sending
your favorite mp3 or mpeg (like i did), your w2k system virtual memory wont
be able to accommodate it and consequently java will complain out an "Out of
memory".

Arun.

Posted by Arun swaran Jagatheesan <ar...@sdsc.edu>.

Posted by William Brogden <wb...@bga.com>.
 I believe the tunnel uses an AWT TextArea to display data.
There is a 32k character limit on the display - furthermore,
the tunnel works with small chunks of characters, repeatedly
adding them to the TextArea - this does not work well with
large messages.
 To capture large messages, modify the Relay.java class to
write to files instead of to TextAreas

wbrogden@bga.com
Author of Soap Programming with Java - Sybex; ISBN: 0782129285

Posted by William Brogden <wb...@bga.com>.