Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by toddmcgrath <mc...@supergloo.com> on 2007/09/18 23:48:19 UTC

Re: Database Persistence Backup

Hi,
I'm running into this same issue (see below).  What's the recommended way to
move from one database to the another?  I'm using 1.3.1,
BundledPersistenceManager and need to migrated from a local dev mysql to a
qa mysql db.

Thanks in advance
Todd

Posted by Thomas Mueller <th...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I don't see any reason why this shouldn't work. However

- The repository must be closed before coping (source and target)

- The reference to the database must be changed in all config files
(repository.xml and workspaces/*/workspace.xml files)

- The files must be copied as well (directories 'repository',
'version', and 'workspaces') unless you use the same files of course

- Merging repositories or 'partial copy' is not possible in that way

- You can't easily migrate currently from one database product to
another (for example MySQL to PostgreSQL).

I hope this helps,
Thomas