Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org> on 2004/06/02 12:18:57 UTC

Re: [issues] Closed: (FOR-152) documentation: integrating forrest tasks with a project build process

Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> Hello devs,
>
> yesterday I created the ant forrest target for the lenya-site.
> I run into the antproxy issue.
>
> The note in the build script that I had to look for the page
> http://xml.apache.org/forrest/upgrading_06.html
> would be very helpful *if* that site would exist ;-)

Ah yeah, we need to update the site soon. But you have
that document in your local source, so no problem.

> I knew that was this issue because I followed that thread. ...but not
> everybody would have. Anyway maybe it would be a good idea to use the
> http://issues.cocoondev.org/jira//secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=FOR-152 link
> instead as long the above mentioned site is not online. I guess you will
> wait until the new release to publish the page.

Not necessarily. The website refers to the current head.

> BTW I really love it that you like to document things right in the
> script!!! That is so much help by solving a problem! Keep it up ;-)

Yes, great idea isn't it. Many of us here think like that.
Thanks to Jeff Turner and Nicola Ken for the main implementation.

--David.