Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by "Weaver, Scott" <Sw...@rippe.com> on 2002/09/27 15:59:09 UTC

RE: restricting "admin" persmission logins to specified I.P adres ses

You could extend or wrap org.apache.jetspeed.services.security.turbine.TurbineAuthentication
into a custom service that uses an access list of IP addresses to verify the users IP when authentication occurs for a specific set of roles, users, portlets, etc.

I do this non-Jetspeed custom email form processing application written in Turbine.  Email forms can be submitted via a normal html form from anywhere, not just the app server.  The possibility for someone hijacking it for spamming purposes was a very concern, so I implemented an "allowed servers" access list to prevent this.  Works like a charm as long as the IP isn't spoofed ;)

-scott