Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by anupamk <an...@usc.edu> on 2014/03/25 14:41:12 UTC

Custom plugin PluginRuntimeException

I need to dump the HTML content (with all the HTML tags) as-is into solr.

To do this I have created a plugin that implements HtmlParseFilter.

I created the plugin as per the plugin tutorial and compiled and deployed
the plugin as per the http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/WritingPluginExample
page.

When I do a bin/nutch parse command, I get PluginRuntimeException as
follows:

My plugin resides in the package

org.apache.nutch.parse.nowrawfilter;

It's class name is NoRawFilter.

My plugin.xml file is as follows

What am I doing wrong ? Please advise.

Re: Custom plugin PluginRuntimeException

Posted by anupamk <an...@usc.edu>.
Hi,

Yes, I compiled using ant.

Thanks, for the tip. I was able to resolve the issue.

The problem was that my plugin.xml was not correct.

Re: Custom plugin PluginRuntimeException

Posted by feng lu <am...@gmail.com>.
do you use ant to compile your plugin.

you can also use this command to test your plugin bin/nutch plugin

On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 9:41 PM, anupamk <an...@usc.edu> wrote:

> I need to dump the HTML content (with all the HTML tags) as-is into solr.
>
> To do this I have created a plugin that implements HtmlParseFilter.
>
> I created the plugin as per the plugin tutorial and compiled and deployed
> the plugin as per the http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/WritingPluginExample
> page.
>
> When I do a bin/nutch parse command, I get PluginRuntimeException as
> follows:
>

> My plugin resides in the package
>
> org.apache.nutch.parse.nowrawfilter;
>
> It's class name is NoRawFilter.