Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by DonatasCiuksys <do...@mitsoft.lt> on 2015/02/26 15:39:24 UTC

TomEE 1.7 + JSF 2.2 + Flows = UnmarshalException

I was hapilly using MyFaces 2.2.x with TomEE 1.7 Plus until I tried to use
FlowScope. As soon as faces-config.xml started containing:

<navigation-case>
    <to-flow-document-id />
</navigation-case>

TomEE crashed during start-up with:

Caused by: javax.xml.bind.UnmarshalException: Unexpected element
{http://xmlns.jcp.org/xml/ns/javaee}to-flow-document-id, expected
[{http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee}description,
{http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee}display-name,
{http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee}icon,
{http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee}from-action,
{http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee}from-outcome,
{http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee}if,
{http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee}to-view-id,
{http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee}redirect]
	at
org.metatype.sxc.jaxb.RuntimeContext.validationError(RuntimeContext.java:390)

So, new JSF 2.2 features are a no-no with TomEE 1.7? Or is it just a matter
of faces-config schema upgrade?

Re: TomEE 1.7 + JSF 2.2 + Flows = UnmarshalException

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.
Not yet no.
But I'll be pushing a mail on the dev list for this so we can organize the
release.

We were waiting for the build to be very stable and the tck as well.

Looks like its the case so we could start providing a first milestone.

JLouis

Posted by Daniel Cunha <da...@gmail.com>.
Jean,

<jl...@tomitribe.com> wrote:
> TomEE 1.x is Java EE 6 so not JSF 2.2 compliant (Java EE 7).
> This is the reason.
>
> If you need JSF 2.2, you need to switch to Apache TomEE 2.x
> We will soon release a first milestone.
>
> JLouis
>
> --
> Jean-Louis Monteiro
> http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro
> http://www.tomitribe.com
>
> On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 3:39 PM, DonatasCiuksys <do...@mitsoft.lt>
> wrote:
>
>> I was hapilly using MyFaces 2.2.x with TomEE 1.7 Plus until I tried to use
>> FlowScope. As soon as faces-config.xml started containing:
>>
>> <navigation-case>
>>     <to-flow-document-id />
>> </navigation-case>
>>
>> TomEE crashed during start-up with:
>>
>> Caused by: javax.xml.bind.UnmarshalException: Unexpected element
>> {http://xmlns.jcp.org/xml/ns/javaee}to-flow-document-id, expected
>> [{http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee}description,
>> {http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee}display-name,
>> {http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee}icon,
>> {http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee}from-action,
>> {http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee}from-outcome,
>> {http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee}if,
>> {http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee}to-view-id,
>> {http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee}redirect]
>>         at
>>
>> org.metatype.sxc.jaxb.RuntimeContext.validationError(RuntimeContext.java:390)
>>
>> So, new JSF 2.2 features are a no-no with TomEE 1.7? Or is it just a matter
>> of faces-config schema upgrade?
>>

>> --

Daniel Cunha (soro)

Re: TomEE 1.7 + JSF 2.2 + Flows = UnmarshalException

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.