Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Travis Cooper <tc...@overstock.com> on 2006/03/27 19:06:55 UTC

Extending JMeter

I am trying to make some new config and control elements to do some
things that I can't do with what exists right now in JMeter.  I have
been noticing that the set of controllers that exist all use JMeterUtils
to handle aliased names.  How can I register my variables with
JMeterUtils so I can use that functionality?  Especially because the
getLabelResource expects a string that maps into the JMeterUtils'
structure.  Also, if anybody knows of a tutorial somewhere that is more
up to date with extending that would be very helpful.  If I could just
see how to get one working I would be able to do things a lot faster.
So if anybody knows where one is, or could make one, with step by step
instructions for what classes to extend and implement and what the
methods needed are and what they do that would be great.

Thanks,
Travis J. Cooper

Re: xpath expression extractor?

Posted by gt...@attensa.com.
Awesome! This is exactly what I am looking for. I really appreciate you
doing this it. I'll check it out today!

I owe you a beer :-)

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Turns out it was quite easy.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Garry L. Thompson" <ga...@attensa.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: Extending JMeter

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
There are also twop TestBean samplers, Example.java and Example2.java.

These are likely to be easier to extend, as the GUI is created automatically.

S.

Re: Extending JMeter

Posted by Simon <sd...@gmail.com>.

Re: Extending JMeter