Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by congo thomas <ap...@thva.dk> on 2011/09/29 13:40:45 UTC

[users@httpd] Healthcheck of proxy config

Hello good people,

This is a request for sanity check of a running config under Apache
2.0.52. I have this single vhost that was configured long ago. I recently
was handed over the ownership of the config, and it struct me that it was
a bit peculiarly, in the sense that i am not all sure if the Location tag
ACL will limit the use of the proxy?
Furthermore I am uncertain whether to run proxyrequests on or off - since
reading the docs dont make it clear to me.

####
<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerName   www
    DocumentRoot /oathto/www
    <Directory "/pathto/www/tomcat/content" >
        AllowOverride None
        Order deny,allow
        deny from all
    </Directory>

    ProxyRequests On
    ProxyPass         /content http://content.site:10610/content
    ProxyPassReverse  /content http://content.site:10610/content
    <Location />
          Order Deny,Allow
          Deny from all
          Allow From 127.0.0.1
          Allow From ip
          Allow From another.ip
          Allow From yet.another.ip

    </Location>
</VirtualHost>
####

br
congo

Re: [users@httpd] Healthcheck of proxy config

Posted by Igor Cicimov <ic...@gmail.com>.
ProxyRequests should be off for reverse proxy like in your case.