Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Jonnalagadda, Sumithra" <su...@amgen.com> on 2005/12/13 19:52:47 UTC

J2ee application --- jsp files

One of the main benefits of jsp that it can be updated dynamically by which
I mean when a jsp is updated the application need not be re-deployed since
jsp is complied  run time.

my question is the following :

we have a j2ee application (standard architecture struts + ejbs+toplink). we
deploy an ear file.

when we deploy an ear file is there any way we can update the jsp files in
it without re-deploying?. if so how?.

Re: J2ee application --- jsp files

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
Jonnalagadda, Sumithra wrote:
> One of the main benefits of jsp that it can be updated dynamically by which
> I mean when a jsp is updated the application need not be re-deployed since
> jsp is complied  run time.

no, that is only a benefit at dev time. bad things can happen with
partial hot redeploy of a real app.

> my question is the following :
>
> we have a j2ee application (standard architecture struts + ejbs+toplink). we
> deploy an ear file.
>
> when we deploy an ear file is there any way we can update the jsp files in
> it without re-deploying?. if so how?.

nope. not unless you unzip the ear file and get your app server to run
the expanded one.

Re: J2ee application --- jsp files

Posted by Jeffrey E Care <ca...@us.ibm.com>.
Wouldn't that depend on the application server that you are using?

--
Jeffrey E. Care (carej@us.ibm.com)
WebSphere v7 Release Engineer

"Jonnalagadda, Sumithra" <su...@amgen.com>