Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Adam Flinton <ad...@nhs.net> on 2007/03/01 15:23:25 UTC

Ill formed (x)HTML

Dear All,

I have been using MyFaces quite happily however I have run into a small
problem. We would like everything to be XML-ized as that would aid our
processing & as part of that, all our web pages must become XHTML
compatible (or at the very least well formed XML).

Fairly rapidly I noted that the MyFaces HTML output is not well formed e.g.

e.g. if I have a hidden input field, the HTML which is rendered is ill
formed e.g.:

<input name="jsf_viewid" id="jsf_viewid" value="/XFormMain.jsp"
type="hidden">

with no closing </input>

It would be fine if it was:
<input name="jsf_viewid" id="jsf_viewid" value="/My.jsp" type="hidden"/>

So...

A) Has this been fixed (our myfaces codeset is about 6 months old)?
B) If not, will it be fixed?
C) If it will be fixed then when?

How many other pieces of MyFaces are currently not emitting well formed
(x)HTML?

TIA

Adam

Information in this message  may contain  confidential and  privileged
information.  If you are not  the intended recipient please accept our
apologies; please do not disclose,  copy or distribute  information in
this e-mail or take any  action in reliance on its  contents: to do so
is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Please inform us that this
message  has  gone  astray  before  deleting it.  Thank  you for  your
co-operation.

NHSmail is used daily by over 100,000 staff in the NHS. Over a million
messages  are sent every day by the system.  To find  out why more and
more NHS personnel are  switching to  this NHS  Connecting  for Health
system please visit www.connectingforhealth.nhs.uk/nhsmail

Re: Ill formed (x)HTML

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Adam,

just checked: my inputs are properly closed on the nightly version. If
you find other bugs, please open jira-issues. for them.

regards,

Martin

On 3/1/07, Adam Flinton <ad...@nhs.net> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I have been using MyFaces quite happily however I have run into a small
> problem. We would like everything to be XML-ized as that would aid our
> processing & as part of that, all our web pages must become XHTML
> compatible (or at the very least well formed XML).
>
> Fairly rapidly I noted that the MyFaces HTML output is not well formed e.g.
>
> e.g. if I have a hidden input field, the HTML which is rendered is ill
> formed e.g.:
>
> <input name="jsf_viewid" id="jsf_viewid" value="/XFormMain.jsp"
> type="hidden">
>

> with no closing </input>
>

> It would be fine if it was:
> <input name="jsf_viewid" id="jsf_viewid" value="/My.jsp" type="hidden"/>
>
> So...
>
> A) Has this been fixed (our myfaces codeset is about 6 months old)?
> B) If not, will it be fixed?
> C) If it will be fixed then when?
>
> How many other pieces of MyFaces are currently not emitting well formed
> (x)HTML?
>
> TIA
>
> Adam

> Information in this message  may contain  confidential and  privileged
> information.  If you are not  the intended recipient please accept our
> apologies; please do not disclose,  copy or distribute  information in
> this e-mail or take any  action in reliance on its  contents: to do so
> is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Please inform us that this
> message  has  gone  astray  before  deleting it.  Thank  you for  your
> co-operation.
>
> NHSmail is used daily by over 100,000 staff in the NHS. Over a million
> messages  are sent every day by the system.  To find  out why more and
> more NHS personnel are  switching to  this NHS  Connecting  for Health
> system please visit www.connectingforhealth.nhs.uk/nhsmail

http://www.irian.at

Your JSF powerhouse -
JSF Consulting, Development and