Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Osadsky Jan <j....@together.sk> on 2004/02/05 12:33:05 UTC

Hallo

Hello everybody,

It is a pity, that Mr. Klute did not answer my question, how can I write
DATE, BOOLEAN and NUMBER properties into word document with POI. At least we
have done it with OLE Automation (writing properties and refreshing of the
document - no problem) ...

Best Regards
                               Jan Osadsky

Re: Hallo

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.
Enjoy.  Of course had you phrased your question "How do I write to a word
document" you might have gotten an answer (or pointers to a document).

In truth, we don't really mind if people who aren't going to help us (as
users: by writing clear questions, reports, etc or by contributing to the
business side of the project as customers) or as developers, use something
other than POI.  If you're going to just write unclear declarations and
complaints -- well its probably better if they use something else rather
than become a drag on the community as a whole.

I'm sure with your single threaded use of Word through OLE Automation you'll
have a great high performance and stable application and I wish you the best
of luck with it.

For everyone else, Welcome!  It's a great project.  File formats should be
free.  Its your data, your business, take it back and use it in the way you
want including whatever language, technology or platform.

-Andy
--
Andrew C. Oliver

http://jakarta.apache.org/poi
For Java and Excel, Got POI?

The views expressed in this email are those of the author and are almost
definitely not shared by the Apache Software Foundation, its board or its
general membership.  In fact they probably most definitively disagree with
everything espoused in the above email.