Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Mateus Medice <ma...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/08 16:15:39 UTC

OFBIZ

Bom dia,

Sou mateus, e estou vendo de utilizar o OFBIZ, gostaria de saber se vocês da
APACHE, possuem algumas apostilas, documentações, e uma Lista de Clientes
que utilizam atualmente o OFBIZ como ecommerce.

Grato desde Já,
Mateus Medice

Re: OFBIZ

Posted by Rodrigo Lima <ac...@gmail.com>.
Olá Mateus,

Sou do Brasil e usei o OfBiz por 1 ano e meio, numa implentação de comercio
eletrônico.
Posso te adiantar que a documentação é vasta, e desde que seguido os
princípidos das arquitetura do App, vc vai ser  muito feliz e economizar
muiiiito tempo!

Abs

Re: OFBIZ

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
do you need it in Portuguese(I am guessing)?
translated:(mostly)
I am mateus, and I am seeing to use the OFBIZ, would like to know if
vocês of the APACHE, possess some you emend, documentations, and a List
of Customers who use the OFBIZ currently as ecommerce.

Mateus Medice sent the following on 7/8/2010 7:15 AM:

Re: OFBIZ

Posted by Mateus Medice <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hola, Pablo

Me interesa, pero necesito saber como una tienda de inicio desde cero, con
mis productos ...
Si tiene alguna clase particular, la documentación, sitio de la muestra.
Le estaría muy agradecida!

Agradecido,
Mateus Medice

Re: OFBIZ

Posted by Mateus Medice <ma...@gmail.com>.
Guys,

In a nutshell, I need to a tutorials that teach how to administrate a store
from scratch.

And explaining the security of OFBiz.

Guys, so sorry about my english...

Thanks a lot,
Mateus Medice

Re: OFBIZ

Posted by Mateus Medice <ma...@gmail.com>.
Sr. BJ Freeman,

Thanks,

But I Need one "How to start a Store from scratch!"

Because, when I Started i understood all the things, but I don't know how to
put my products, my theme, my store with the Apache OFBiz.

I Need to know how to take the menus of OFbiz of the page, put my menus, my
things, with the adm's page.

thanks very much, but help-me please.

Thanks,
Mateus Medice

Re: OFBIZ

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
also if you are using 10.4 or trunk you can go to the setup tab and it
will help you.
Though not complete there is a Help link in the upper left corner.

BJ Freeman sent the following on 7/12/2010 9:43 AM:

Re: OFBIZ

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Re: OFBIZ

Posted by varun bhansaly <vb...@gmail.com>.
This might help
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Apache+OFBiz+Service+Providers

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 5:01 PM, Mateus Medice <ma...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Good morning guys!!!
>
> How are You? Fine? hehehe
>
> I'll see de price of the books and buy, this is the way...
> hehehe,
> So, I would wanna ask you!!!
> If you know ONE big store that use the OFBiz as a ecommerce.
>
> I Need to see some reals exemples!!!
>
> Please, I Need to see!!!
>
> Since the documentation that I need to pay,
> I think some links of companies that use the OFBiz would be free
>
> Thanks,
> Mateus Medice

Varun Bhansaly

Re: OFBIZ

Posted by Ruth Hoffman <rh...@aesolves.com>.
Hello Mateus:

Please don't confuse the work I'm doing on the MyOFBiz.com website with
the Apache OFBiz project and this mailing list. I have no affiliation
with the Apache OFBiz project. I am not a project committer. And,
although I have offered to work as a committee member to help organize
and coordinate efforts related to OFBiz release management and version
control, I am in no way associated with the project or the PMC. Project
committers are software developers. I only develop code when I need
something that isn't available out-of-the-box.

Payment for the work provided on the MyOFBiz.com website (there is also
free material there) helps defray the cost of production. I do not have
the aegis of the Apache Foundation to provide me with servers or
software to distribute my work. That said, the MyOFBiz.com website is a
great example of using OFBiz 9.04 to market and sell in an ecommerce
environment. In fact, that was one of my primary goals in setting up the
site: "eat my own dog food".

To my way of thinking the price of my products are small price to pay
for what you get. I'm continually working on making my products better.
In fact, I just recently purchased some professional document layout
software to help me make the longer documents easier to assemble. And, I
purchased some learning aids (with the proceeds of my sales to date) to
help me get up to speed on this software quickly. Its just how these
things work...either you invest the time yourself to learn something as
complex as OFBiz, or you pay someone else to help you get going quickly.
Take your pick. The software may be free, but understanding how to use
it - well you decide.

Best of luck.
Ruth

Re: OFBIZ

Posted by Raj Saini <ra...@gmail.com>.
Two of our clients' e-commerce web sites are:

http://www.louielighting.com/
http://www.goldencharm.co.uk/

Thanks,

Raj

Re: OFBIZ

Posted by David E Jones <de...@me.com>.
I know the OFBiz home page (ofbiz.apache.org) has been watered down, but it's not this bad... there are links from there to community-maintained resources that answer all of this.

Have you read through the home page and tried following through a few of the links?

Also, for everyone who has answered, why haven't you referred Matues to the resources I mention below? If you're not aware of them, PLEASE review them now, and start participating in using them, referring others to them, and also improving them.

For example, about who is using OFBiz there is a link right from the OFBiz home page to this wiki page:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Apache+OFBiz+User+List

This page is by no means a comprehensive list of users and is totally voluntary. Usually listings here are added by service providers as end-users who do their own sites don't have as much motivation to list their site here. Still, there are a lot of sites and a lot of good sites listed there (and also various derivative works based on OFBiz).

As for getting started docs, these have been around for years now and do a great job of telling you how to configure OFBiz, one from the business side (mostly around ecommerce) and one from the technical side:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBENDUSER/Apache+OFBiz+Business+Setup+Guide
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBTECH/Apache+OFBiz+Technical+Production+Setup+Guide

For an organized reference to lots of community-maintained resources this is a helpful page, and is linked to from the OFBiz home page:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBADMIN/OFBiz+Documentation+Index

Enjoy, and keep the fire alive! These sorts of documents are the best way to answer questions, and have grown over the years based on questions just like this, and based on feedback from people using them.

-David

Re: OFBIZ

Re: OFBIZ

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
I agree with Ruth:
this is a community effort where what you see on the wiki and in the svn
is has been directly or indirectly paid for by clients that had
consultants create what they wanted and were willing to have the work
shared.
to expand on ruth, nothing is free it either cost time or money,
sometimes both.
so maybe as you work your way though the process you can share this on
the wiki.

Ruth Hoffman sent the following on 7/13/2010 12:20 PM:

Re: OFBIZ

Posted by Ruth Hoffman <rh...@aesolves.com>.
Hi Mateus:

Re: OFBIZ

Re: OFBIZ

Posted by Ruth Hoffman <rh...@aesolves.com>.
Hi Mateus:
Did you not find the document "Getting Started w/Apache OFBiz E-Commerce
in 5 Easy Steps" useful?
Please help me make this document better...What did you not find in that
document that you feel you need to know in order to get started?
Regards,
Ruth Hoffman
ruth.hoffman@myofbiz.com

Re: OFBIZ

Re: OFBIZ

Posted by Ruth Hoffman <rh...@aesolves.com>.
Hi Mateus:
You could take a look at http://www.myofbiz.com. Some free
documentation, some for a fee.
Regards,
Ruth Hoffman
ruth.hoffman@myofbiz.com

Re: OFBIZ

Re: OFBIZ

Posted by Pablo Alcaraz <pa...@laotraesquina.com.ar>.
Mi compania implementa soluciones ofbiz en portugues. Si estás
interesado por favor replicá este mail.

Pablo