Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Aaron Johnson <so...@gina.net> on 2002/10/24 18:31:31 UTC

5.8 sub/object problem

I noticed some discussion in Sept about a problem with [$ sub $] under
Embperl and 5.8 and I wanted to post my own problem in case it is
relevant at all.

I am running the same code with no problem on a 5.6 install.  When I
execute an external file and call the sub I can not pass an object and
have it retain its value.

-- main page --
Execute( { inputfile => external.epl , import => 1 } );
my $obj = Module->new();
&external($obj);

-- external script --
[$ sub external $]
	my ($obj) = @_;
	$obj->method(blah);
[$ endsub $]

The error log reports that I can't call a method on an undefined value.
Is this something that is already being addressed?

Aaron Johnson