Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Natit <pe...@zirius.no> on 2008/03/06 14:00:38 UTC

What is ACL?

I keep seeing the "ACL" keyword used over and over in the documentation, but
i can not find anywhere this is described. For example in the
AuthorizationMap interface.

I am supposed to return an list of ACL's but nowhere does it tell me how to
build this set or what the set actually is supposed to contain. Is this a
simple String set of usernames?

Re: What is ACL?

Posted by ttmdev <jo...@ttmsolutions.com>.
Yup, implementing an authentication and authorization scheme can get quite
confusing. If you're planning to adhere to the JAAS, you may want to read
through the following documentation.

http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/security/jaas/JAASRefGuide.html

Joe
www.ttmsolutions.com