Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Paras Lehana <pa...@indiamart.com> on 2020/01/09 13:41:10 UTC

Re: Solr 7.5 seed up, accuracy details

I usually keep older and newer Solr versions on different server with same
configuration. Then, use jmeter with same parameters and compare the
results. Make sure settings like environment settings (JVM, GC) and core
configuration (Cache) are in sync and you restart both of them before
testing.

On Sat, 28 Dec 2019 at 21:18, Rajdeep Sahoo <ra...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thank you for the information
>       Why you are recommending to use the schema api instead of schema xml?
>

> On Sat, 28 Dec, 2019, 8:01 PM Jörn Franke, <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > This highly depends on how you designed your collections etc. - there is
> > no general answer. You have to do a performance test based on your
> > configuration and documents.
> >
> > I also recommend to check the Solr documentation on how to design a
> > collection for 7.x and maybe start even from scratch defining it with a
> new
> > fresh schema (using the schema api instead of schema.xml and
> solrconfig.xml
> > etc). You will have anyway to reindex everything so it is a also a good
> > opportunity to look at your existing processes and optimize them.
> >
> > > Am 28.12.2019 um 15:19 schrieb Rajdeep Sahoo <
> rajdeepsahoo2012@gmail.com
> > >:
> > >
> > > Hi all,
> > > Is there any way I can get the speed up,accuracy details i.e.
> performance
> > > improvements of solr 7.5 in comparison with solr 4.6
> > >  Currently,we are using solr 4.6 and we are in a process to upgrade to
> > > solr 7.5. Need these details.
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance

*Paras Lehana* [65871]
Development Engineer, Auto-Suggest,
IndiaMART Intermesh Ltd.

8th Floor, Tower A, Advant-Navis Business Park, Sector 142,
Noida, UP, IN - 201303

Mob.: +91-9560911996
Work: 01203916600 | Extn:  *8173*

--